Schmincke Liquid Charcoal offers a clean, dust-free method for artists working with charcoal.
The three pigments used for Schmincke’s Liquid Charcoal are made by charring fruit seeds, which results in different hues: a neutral peach stone black; a warm, brownish cherry pit black; and a cool, bluish grape seed black.
Schmincke Liquid Charcoal is water soluble, so you can adjust the values from very light to a deep, rich black. It can be used as thin underpainting (e.g. in oil painting). Subsequent layers of paints will not altered any more than conventional charcoal underpainting.
- Clean, dust-free method for artists working with charcoal
- Water soluble, values can be adjusted from light to a deep, rich black
- Can be used as thin underpainting
- Set of 3
- a neutral peach stone black – 18 757
- a warm, brownish cherry pit black – 18 756
- a cool, bluish grape seed black – 18 755